Friday, July 23, 2010

Forever My Baby?



Today, July 23, 2010, is my youngest son's birthday.

Finnian Cade McCreary is 5 years old today.

He and my dad shared the same birthday. Lucky boy, I guess.

Finn is a happy boy.
He has amazing blue eyes.
He likes to style his own mohawks.
He still lets me cuddle him.
He loves Dinosaur Oatmeal & Corn Dogs.
He dresses himself.
He sleeps with me every night. I still love it.
He loves guns and granola bars.
He doesn't like Thomas the Tank Engine anymore. "It's for babies."
When he is 14, he wants to work at Sonic.

I get it now. I used to judge "those moms" that babied their babies. I am eating humble pie on a daily basis.

He is so little. I can't believe he is 5. I'm not sure I will ever let go of him.



2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to my fine fine Finny. I am so proud of you and your Mom. I know the feeling Annie when we know it is our last kid, all of our previous concepts ( no matter how right or wrong) get thrown out of the window. All three of mine still pile in a queen size bed to sleep with Daddy. A friend of mine was voicing his opinion, and you know what Pop said about opinions "They are like ass-holes everyone has one and most of them are full of S#%t", about family beds and I told him that it is every parents right to raise his or her children in the manor they see fit. You do what you want with yours and the same for me. And that it is my right as a father to tell you to piss off.

I love the blog and will soon be with you all, until then my love to my Ann and the rest of the Clan. Tell Liam to get ready for our River trip. Good news is I am coming home bad news is Liam will be absent from family much.

Kristin Russell said...

Happy belated, Finn! Annie, he is precious, and you are such a wonderful Mom.

Post a Comment